By Dr. Will Moreland
Bestselling Author of Genius Potential
This past year has just been phenomenal for me and I hope for you as well. I have grown, matured and developed in major ways. I always like to take time to reflect and examine on what I have learned. Below is a list of ideas and philosophies that have helped me grow over this last year.
I’m charged up and ready to help you make 2014 your best year ever… These 37 lessons will help you set up a great foundation for 2014.
In 2014 I want you to be 100% in FOCUS mode. You know what FOCUS means:
“Fixed On Continued Unique Significance”
You know I think you are a GENIUS, now I want you to ACT on it!!!
Let’s rock 2014!!! Here are the 37 things 2013 taught me…
- Family is first. Never have things that compete with your family. When you are at work, work, but when you get home, be home!!!
- Having high quality mentors is not an option. They will prove to be your success secret.
- Your success rate increases when you focus on your genius potential.
- Life is going to happen. You can’t avoid the changes in life, you can only prepare for the changes. Change will happen, don’t try to stop it, be ready for it.
- Trying to be perfect will hinder your progress. Desire to produce genius level work, offer excellence, but don’t try to be perfect, it’s not possible.
- Learn to be a person that practices gratitude on a daily basis. Say thank you more. Give more, it doesn’t have to be any thing big, a small note has big returns.
- Surround yourself with the best people possible and lesson to them. Whether in business or life. Listen to the experts in your life.
- Commit to reading everyday. It will expand your mind, view, vision and conversation.
- Happiness is a CHOICE!
- What gets plan gets done. When you don’t have a plan, you actually do have a plan, it’s called failing.
- Love your parents. Respect your children and their ideas.
- Dreaming is free, so dream BIG. Take the limits off your dreams. Believe that the resources to accomplish any dream are in your reach.
- Taking time to meditate is a key component to putting yourself in the genius zone.
- Don’t measure your success by what you have done, measure it by what you can still do.
- Get in shape.
- Vacation 4 times a year. These don’t have to be get on a plane type of vacations, but I’m sure there are places right in your state you have never been to.
- Never trade your happiness for anything.
- Invest in yourself, your business and your family. I made huge investments in all three areas this year and the ROI has been awesome.
- As a leader, remember people are your #1 asset, NOT products!!!
- Write in your journal often, and reflect on the lessons that life are teaching you.
- Stop and smell the roses. Celebrate each win and victory.
- At some point when all the data is in, the research has been done, YOU just have to take a leap of faith.
- Make plans to live the rest of your life on your terms.
- Look for opportunities to fill a need, to fix a problem and you will find wealth.
- Set goals that stretch, scare and set you a part from the crowd.
- Take 100% responsibility for your success, failures, happiness, health and finances.
- You will accomplish genus level results when you have clearly written out goals.
- Genius Leaders know how to Connect, Care, Communicate, Challenge, Correct and Congratulate their teams.
- The opposite of success is not failure, it’s quitting.
- Understand your value before you enter the market place. If you settle for less, they will pay you less.
- Ken Blanchard author of the One Minute Manager told me that Leaders that are insecure hide behind power.
- Stedman Graham, most known for his relationship with Oprah, told me not to allow anyone to put me in a box.
- Have a vision beyond your circumstances.
- I learned from the life of Nelson Mandela how to be committed to your mission.
- One of the best quotes I read this year “You can have anything in the world, if you are CLEAR on what you want.”
- Get a picture of your future self and develop into that person.
- Be true to yourself.
I hope these 37 lessons help you set an amazing course for 2014. Let’s challenge each other to be our best in this coming year!!!
Your Partner In Genius Living,